So the cold months have started to fall upon us, they must have as I have been out and bought my supply of thermal tights for the winter along with lots of thick and snuggly socks. The heating is on and the jammie shorts have become jammie trousers and all my sandals have been buried beneath all my boots and slightly more practical pumps. Today I even bought a pair of "water resistant" boots from Blowfish to stop my toes getting soggy when walking to work in the rain!
There has been a definite craving for warmth and cosiness I can tell you that, and I have spotted some really lovely winter items popping up in the shops, here's some of the things I've been lusting after.
British Nanny Face cream- This face cream from LUSH is fab for cold winter days, its rich and creamy formula keeps skin hydrated even with the wind and dry heat from radiators, it also has SPF 30 so skin will be kept safe from sun if it does ever pop its head out.
2. Faux Fur Trimmed Cape Coat- I am obsessed with cape coats, I think they look really striking in the winter with skinny jeans and boots of wooly tights, I like the oversized look they have without making people look like a sack of potatoes. The fur trim on this one from Dorothy Perkins looks particularly cosy.
3. Camel Sherpa Mittens- Despite their impractical qualities, mittens are so the way to go for ultimate warmth during the winter. I had a pair similar to these when I was little and I'm all for recapturing that immense snugness!
4. Fox Beanie Hat- Yes, I am one of those people who cannot resist a kooky novelty hat. I tried this on in Dorothy Perkins at the weekend and fell in love. Perched on top of all of my hair it actually looks fairly subtle and also sits beautifully. I love that instead of sewing on ears, they have just used a square shape so the ears naturally sit at the side of your head.
5. Bright Wooly Slipper Boots- Slipper boots are what I live in during the colder months. We live in an old house that whilst beautiful, gets incredibly cold so they're perfect to keep my toes as snug as possible. The colour of this pair from Accessorize make me smile whenever I look at them.
6. Starry sweatshirt- How beautiful is this sweatshirt from French Connection? I found it in the sale for just £27 down from £77 and at that price its taking a lot of restraint to keep from buying it.
7. Oversized geo print scarf- Scarves are a must have for winter and I love how they can so easily brighten up an outfit as well as keeping you warm. This one from Urban Outfitters caught my eye with its pretty pastel print.
So those are my most wanted items for winter. Are you a fan of any of these? What are you looking out for ready for the cold season? I think I'm going to spend the evening relaxing in a hot bath scented with a Phoenix Rising bath bomb and grab an early night before a long shift tomorrow.