My summer playlist usually consists of a wild mash up of all the music that makes me feel good, no matter what the genre. Think David Bowie meets Amanda Palmer meets Tenacious D meets Adam Ant meets System of a Down and you're getting there :)
1. Number one this year has to be Blurred Lines by Robin Thicke. Many hours have been spent so far this summer skanking to this in the car.
2. Number two has to be a bit of Hugh Laurie with Tipatina. Volume up, on a sunny day this cannot be beaten.
3. Numero tres takes a much calmer, sensual turn in the form of Quizas Quizas Quizas by Gaby Moreno. Such a calm and beautiful voice.
4. Number four is THE song of the summer for me. Every year there is that one song that sums up summer for you, Avicii I Could Be the One does that for me this year.
5. Number five is a song that I've loved for a long time now. It has such a feel of freedom and movement I think which is perfect for summer. It has to be Wake Up by The Arcade Fire. It must be good, David Bowie has sung a version of it with them live several times ;)
6. Sing- The Dresden Dolls (my favourite song of all time)
7. Heroes- David Bowie
8. The Love Cats- The Cure
9. Peephole- System of a Down
10. Levels- Avicii
Like I say, I like to listen to a mix of everything in the summer, the only thing in common being that every single song makes me feel amazing :)
What sort of music do you find yourself listening to? Any stand out songs for you?